Wednesday 17 August 2011

Customer Service vacancy ?

So ...  the phone rings today.  I answer it.  Immediately, by the way the guy is talking I know it's either a scam or it is someone trying to sell something.  I think the guy may have been Indian.  No offence to anyone from India reading this, but he did have a very strong accent.  My surname is quite a simple one.  It has an 'e' on the end of it but it's not pronounced.  I knew we were in trouble when the guy on the phone said 'is that Mr' and he pronounced my surname as if there was 'ay' on the end.  I just said hello again.  He then says 'oh, is that Mrs ...'.  I say yes.  The guy then says that he is from the technical department of Windows and that he can tell each time I log in that I am having download problems and that I am probably downloading some malicious files and that he can help eradicate these problems.  Uh-huh.  I've had one of these before, or maybe five before.  I know all about the scam where you log in, they give you a password, then they hack in and steal all your personal details from your computer.  Normally with these calls I play along a little and try to get them to give me their phone number in case I get cut off and I can always phone them back as I really do need their help. 


I couldn't be bothered to play the game today.  I just told him that I knew of his scam and that I wasn't going to log into my computer and let him steal all my personal data.  I think I may have flustered him a little because he began to talk so fast that I really couldn't understand him.  I thought I did hear one word in particular though, so I asked him to repeat what he had just said.  He said 'Mrs, fuck you and fuck your family'.  I said pardon.  Again he said 'fuck you and fuck your family'.  I think he might have put an 'a' on the end of the word fuck each time.  It sounded now like he could be of mixed race - possibly Italian and Indian.  It probably didn't help with me ending the conversation by saying 'and how fucking rude are you'.  After the call I dialled 1471 to see if a number had been left so I could make a polite phone call back to them.  It said 'you were called today by telephone number 000000000'.  Odd.  I phoned my mum afterwards to warn her about this scam, again.  When I say warn her, I don't mean that the phone call would shock her, I was just warning her that perhaps if she gets the same guy on the phone she can tell him to fuck himself and fuck his family before he gets in there first !!!

1 comment: